I am writing this before the class so that we are all on the same page.
- Analyze how students learn and what they may hear
- Utilize students strengths and weaknesses to maximize learning potential
- Everyone has a lesson to teach.
- Students and teachers go through a never-ending dance, but only one person leads at a time.
- Leadership is about flexibility.
- There is more then one way to reach a single point.
You Don’t Know Who You Have In Your Class
“How People See Things”
“How People Processing Language”
“How People Read”
“How People Experience Frustration, Anxiety and Tension”
What does this have to do with teaching the 5 hour class?
Pre- License course objectives and pages to address them
Many of these pages intertwine and can cover multiple objectives. We want our students to walk away with a well rounded knowledge of the road, road conditions and their responsibility in it all.
Our mission while teaching The pre-licensing Course is to educate New York State’s new drivers by promoting safe, courteous, defensive and alcohol/drug-free driving
- Define and recognize driving as a mental, physical and social task that involves the interaction of the operator, the environment and the vehicles.
- Recognize the importance of protecting motor vehicle occupants from possible injury or death by using all occupant protection devices.
- Teach the rules-of- the road, emphasizing those that promote safe driving.
- Identify factors such as fatigue, alcohol, and other drugs that can impair a driver’s ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Recognize dangerous drivers and driving situations and learn how to react safely.
- 76 – 80
- Understand the influence a driver’s state of mind can have on their behavior and how this affects their actions while driving.
- 41- 44
- 59- 70
- 76 – 80
- 107 – 108