I will identify perceptual inputs, define the perceptual process and discuss the organization of perceptual data
I will explain and be able to apply the concepts of identify, Predict, Decide and Execute as they relate to safe driving
I will be able to discuss space cushion driving, following distance, eye movements, speed control, communication skills and other defensive driving techniques.
I will discover methods of improving perceptual skills through films, filmstrips simulators and running commentary.
- Take a look at your own driving
- Use the driving evaluation sheet to understand how you need to perform
- Teach some how to read the sheet and what items mean. ie what is a wide turn, what is a tight turn. turn from your driving lane into your driving lane.
- Allow them to evaluate your driving for 10- 15 mins in a residential area.
- Switch roles Evaluate their driving.
- Use the back of the sheets to write down how you felt during.
Overall Task: Have your driving evaluated then evaluate their driving.
Slides will be posted by tomorrow. Still having issues transferring information from one computer to the other.